Wednesday, 11 January 2012

On Failure

So the other day, as you know, I did slightly more shopping than was strictly necessary. But it was alright: I'd only bought things that I knew were likely to be reasonably failsafe. A pretty, sheer eyeshadow palate; very basic skincare things; dresses I'd already tried on; goodies from Barry M. Because if there's one thing I've learned in all these years of budget high street cosmetics, it's that Barry never lets you down. He's like my best friend in the whole of Superdrug. Other brands might mess you about, make false promises, crap out at the last minute, but not Barry: he might not be the swishest or the poshest or the most sciencey or even the prettiest, but he damned well delivers bright colour and gratuitous glitter that genuinely does stay on your face.

Until now.

Eyeliner Pen by Barry M in Emerald Green
The thing with this is that it so much didn't work that I'm almost wondering if I didn't somehow...do it wrong. I can't think how; after getting nothing from just drawing it on I scribbled it maniacally all over my arms like a pen that doesn't want to give ink, I tried it wet, I attempted a brush, I had a god over moisturiser, I even in the end desperately clipped off the very end with my thumbnail and tried further down in case that was the problem. But literally nothing I tried could get anything at all to actually transfer onto my face. It was weird. I don't think I've ever had a make-up product fail so hard on me.

I'm so surprised, actually, that I'm very likely to try again - I think I shall pick up another colour on Saturday and see if it was a fluke. Don't do this to me, Barry!

2 comments:

  1. Cassiana (EQ, WOW, DAoC, Guild Wars, Rift...)2 March 2012 at 06:37

    I have to admit that this post had me laughing out loud! I would have had the same response and probably gone out to buy another one to see if it was a fluke. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassiana (EQ, WOW, DAoC, Guild Wars, Rift...)2 March 2012 at 06:39

      After posting, I realized how cool it was to put my gaming names in a make up related post. hehe

      Delete